What is Açaí?

Part of the staple diet of the Amazonian indigenous people for centuries, the açaí (ah-sa-ee) is a nutrient-dense palm fruit. Elevated to the status of superfood due to its high amounts of polyphenols antioxidants that fight free radicals on a cellular level, plant omega fats 3,6,9, vitamin A and C and even small amounts of all 9 essential amino acids.

In appearance it resembles blueberries, but only 5% of the açaí is edible. The rest 95% is inedible seed, used as biofuel, livestock food and turned into handicraft.

Wild Harvested

Unlike 99% of the foods consumed, our açaí is not farmed nor cultivated. It grows naturally amidst native trees, with no addition of chemicals, fertilisers, pesticides or even a watering system. Farmed foods are often grown in monocultures and lack biodiversity, whereas wild harvested foods are part of a diverse ecosystem that supports a wide range of plant and animal species.

This biodiversity helps to maintain the health of the soil, water, and air, and ensures that the food we eat is more nutritious and flavorful.

Single Origin

Not every açaí is the same. We handpick our berries from a Single Origin, the region of Cametá, in Pará for its unique biodiversity surrounding the açaí palms, translating into the quality, flavour and colour of our berries.

Similar to wine, coffee beans and cacao, açaí takes on the flavour profile of the terroir they grow in – flavours unique to the soil, flora, water, sunlight and climate.

Community & Sustainability

We work directly with the local communities who harvest the açaí berries.

The development of the açaí­ industry has been helping to prevent the depletion of the Amazon forest to cattle ranching and monocultures. With a guaranteed harvest every year, the locals are able to preserve their way of living.